The High School for Peace and Social Justice at Parkway Northwest offers a rich, rigorous college preparatory curriculum emphasizing the theme of peace and social justice. Students learn through an inquiry approach applying problem solving and research skills while working in a safe and positive educational environment.
Students are prepared to thrive in a complex world having the skills necessary to do well in post high school experiences and to institute positive change locally and globally. In addition to coursework in the major subjects, students perform community service, learn peer mediation skills, take special courses on social leadership and global issues, and complete a rigorous graduation project around a peace or social justice issue.
How do we as a school community demonstrate the Parkway NW Pledge?
- Promote peace
- Aim high
- Respect others
- Know yourself
- Work together
- Act for change
- Yes we will
How does living this pledge promote student success in a 21st Century world?
Points of Pride:
- 98% Graduation Rate
- $450,000 in college scholarships awarded to the class of 2015
- Outward Bound opportunities; United Nations activities
- Ninth grade course in Social Development and Leadership
- Advanced Placement Courses: English Literature and Composition, Psychology
- Rigorous Senior Project Program
- Dual Enrollment Program with Arcadia University
- Advisory Board comprised of university and organization partners
- Temple University, Arcadia University, Public Citizens for Children and Youth (PCCY),
- Physicians for Social Responsibility, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, Granny Peace Brigade, Global Education - Motivators (GEM), United Nations Association of Greater Philadelphia