Q.E.D. Foundation envisions communities where each individual is empowered to use his or her unique voice effectively and with integrity in co-creating our public world. Our mission is to create, inspire, cultivate, and sustain cultures of transformational learning through providing training, coaching, strategic consulting, and tools and resources in support of competency-based learning systems and practices, knowledge of learners and learning, student agency and equity, community collaboration, and democratic practices in education. QED’s vision is of communities where each individual is empowered to use his or her unique voice effectively and with integrity in co-creating our public world.
Our mission is to create, inspire, cultivate, and sustain cultures of transformational learning where we are all learners, learning changes lives, learning needs to happen in different ways, and learning empowers us.
Our Theory of Change
If we have cultures of transformational learning where
• we create competency-based learning pathways and learning opportunities,
• know and embrace each student’s strengths, challenges, passions, and abilities,
• intentionally design for student agency, coaching and assessing habits of mind and being,
• cultivate communities of collaboration and partnership both inside and outside of school and
• embed these practices in laboratories of democratic practice,
then all students will flourish and achieve to high levels
Fostering collaboration among educators, families and young people provides powerful energy for revitalizing our schools and our communities. Grounded in extensive research and practice, QED brings practical applications, diverse expertise, accomplished student voice and valuable family perspectives.
Our philosophy is that young people are our most important resource for the future. As we have learned from experience, when students work in concert with adults who are deeply invested in their success, they bring powerful voice and vision to the work of redesigning our school communities. Their participation in the work empowers and sustains their voices and vision.
To achieve its mission, QED concentrates on the following core strategies:
• Sharing our stories and lessons to provide inspiration and vision
• Consulting with national, state, and local education organizations to provide expertise, coaching and support
• Developing and disseminating tools and applications that provide organizational structures and practical protocols that support a school culture of “choice and voice”
In addition to working with schools and community organizations throughout New England and across the United States, QED provides a variety of online resources, accessible from www.qedfoundation.org, Faces of Learning (www.facesoflearning.net) and All Kinds of Minds (allkindsofminds.org).