A New School Asks Its Community to Join the Team
After a series of open discussion groups during its planning year, Sedona Red Rock High School posted the following advertisement to recruit a coordinating committee of students, teachers, parents, and other community members:
- 20-25 families of eighth- and ninth-grade students
- 5-10 additional community adults
- Sedona Red Rock High School staff
We’re far enough along in our planning that we really need the help of the families of eighth- and ninth-grade students to help with our preparation for opening Sedona Red Rock High School. We need at least 20 families-one or both parents or guardians (and students when possible)- to help with the two main tasks described below. Please join us in making our high school an extraordinary one.
1. Help prepare for the opening of the high school. Identify and think through problems and issues related to opening the school; help address problems and issues; and serve on one of the key task groups identified by the committee, such as: curriculum support; co-curricular activities; community resources; and physical plant.
2. Serve as primary contact with other high school families. Keep a group of seven to ten other parents informed of progress; serve as first line of rumor control; and serve as contact for questions. Champion the Sedona Red Rock High School.
When: The second Thursday of each month at the West Sedona School from 7 to 9 p.m. (beginning February 10), plus at least one task group meeting a month, plus phone conversations with other families of eighth- and ninth-grade students.