Because well designed schools respect and reflect the strengths of the communities they serve, CES believes, school design teams must research the answers to such questions as these:
- What priorities does the parent community have for this school?
- What are this community’s demographic trends?
- What role might teachers’ unions play in the school redesign?
- What other schools serve this community? Who would be drawn to a significantly redesigned school?
- What individual people, businesses, and community-based organizations might play partner roles?